There aren’t a lot of dishes that are best when served cold (except for revenge, I guess). And oftentimes those that do taste great often have a lot of calories in them.
When you’re on the hCG diet, limiting your calories is probably the main highlight of the said diet plan.
And because of that, you need to be wary on what you will eat. Wouldn’t it be great if there was a dish that is best-served cold and doesn’t have a lot of calories?
Well today, I am going to share a recipe for hCG Diet Cold Roasted Spice Salmon. The dish is called as such because you will refrigerate the salmon after cooking.
The thing about this Salmon dish is that it is safe to eat when cold and it retains all of the amazing flavors because of the spice rub that we are going to make.
So, if you’re excited to create this dish, here are all the ingredients that you will need in order to make the hCG Diet Cold Roasted Spice Salmon:
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsps white sugar
- 2 pounds (1-inch thick) boneless, skin-on center-cut salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Get a small bowl and combine all of the ingredients (sans the fish). Make sure to mix the ingredients well as this will serve as the rub of the salmon.
- Get a baking pan and line it with aluminum foil. Afterward, spray it with some non-stick cooking spray.
- Slowly rinse the Salmon with some cold water and make sure to pat it dry.
- Then, sprinkle some spice rub on the skin portion of the salmon.
- Afterward, place the salmon on the baking pan with the skin-side down.
- Put the remaining spice rub over the salmon and gently rub it to spread it over the fish.
- After putting the spice rub, let the fish rest for a good 30-40 minutes.
- While the fish is resting, preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Before putting the salmon in the oven, sprinkle it with some lime juice and allow the fish to roast in the oven for a good 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, remove the fish from the oven and let it set at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Do not worry if the salmon is a bit undercooked when you remove it from the oven. It will continually cook in the next 15 minutes.
- After it has been rested, wrap the fish in some foil, making sure that you wrap it tightly.
- Then, refrigerate the fish for at least 2 hours before serving (the longer, the better). Serve and Enjoy!
The hCG Diet Cold Roasted Spice Salmon is a perfect dish to prepare beforehand and eat it when you want to.
What I love about the hCG Diet Cold Roasted Spice Salmon is the surge of flavor thanks to the spice rub. I find it to be really good because if you happen to eat the fish cold, you need to have the spice rub in to retain the flavor.
If you do not want the salmon to be really cold, allow it to sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes before eating.
The hCG Diet Cold Roasted Spice Salmon contains only 200 calories and is perfect for phase 2 of the hCG diet.