Are you always on the go and you’re going to places that has little to no signal from your service provider? This can be really frustrating, and it would be nice if there is a very easy solution to this problem. Fortunately for you, you can remedy this problem by buying a mobile phone signal booster!
There are many forms of Mobile phone signal boosters out there, but we’re going to focus on one specific cradle-type signal booster. That signal booster is the zBoost Mobile 1 ZB245.
The Cradle-type signal booster requires your phone to nest on the cradle to get amplified signals, and the zBoost Mobile1 ZB245 is good at that.
It has a 40dB gain amplifier, which is an okay signal strength amplifier.
Here is the complete list of features for the zBoost Mobile1 ZB245 cradle mobile phone signal booster:
- Extends cell phone range
- Extends battery life by using less power due to increased signal strength
- Dual-band 800/1900 MHz device works with all major U.S. and Canadian cellular carriers including AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon
- zBoost Phone Cradle for “Hands-free” operation
- Easy DIY installation – Adhesive dash-mount bracket with swivel base and external magnetic mount antenna with cable
- Coverage: In cradle
- Frequency: 1850 to 1990 MHz | 824 to 894 MHz
- Gain: 26 dB | 26 dB
- Networks: CDMA, GSM, GPRS, EDGE, EVDO, 1xRTT, UMTS, HSPA, 3G
- Dimensions: 2.25 x 4.25 x 2.5 in
- Weight: 2.5 ounces
- Power consumption: 5.5V, 1A
- System Certifications: FCC Parts 15 & 20; Industry Canada
- One-year manufacturer warranty
When you order the zBoost Mobile1 ZB245, these are the following items you will receive with the kit:
- Amplifier Cradle
- Dash-mount Bracket
- Magnetic-Mount Antenna with Cable
- 12V DC power with USB Cable
Installation is very easy and it almost is a seamless process. To install the zBoost Mobile1 ZB245 in your car, place the magnetic mount on the roof of your car. Next, connect the antenna from the mount and plug it into the zBoost mobile phone signal booster. Connect the power to the cradle and stick the dash-mount bracket onto the dashboard of your car. Place the phone in the cradle and you’re all set!
The only quirk with this product is that you have to put the phone into the cradle to be able to enjoy boosted signals. But,that shouldn’t be a problem nowadays as people are already using Bluetooth headsets.
What do people who have tried this signal booster have to say? Let’s find out:
Markus: “Amazing. Been struggling with a good solid 4G signal with AT&T out here in the middle of the Cascade mountains of WA. Lucky to even receive one bar most of the time. Tried other signal boosters but this one out shined them all. Plugged in the Zboost and 3-4 bars consistent signal. I highly recommend this device to those who need a stronger and more reliable signal.”
Brandon: “This booster works great! I just took a trip from Seattle to Phoenix. We toured down through the mountains of California on Highway 49 and we’re in and out of cell area a lot, according to the other people that were in our group. I didn’t lose signal once! I highly recommend this product.”
The zBoost Mobile1 ZB245 mobile phone signal booster retails for $79.99, which is actually a very affordable price for a signal booster.